Students and teachers alike will find the award-winning Bainbridge Island Historical Museum a treasure trove of educational resources.
- The 1908 schoolhouse traces the history of the Island from the Suquamish to the present day.
- Special exhibits in the Busey Gallery are expertly researched and crafted by curator Rick Chandler.
- In addition to artifacts and exhibits in the school house and the Busey Gallery, our collection includes oral histories, biographical and subject files, origins of street names, historic maps, historic photographs, and the inventory of historical sites maintained by our local Historic Preservation Commission.
- The research library is open to all with a collection of local history books and materials.
- Many of our historic photos can be seen in our virtual exhibits.
- Students will enjoy checking out our award-winning Outdoor Timeline along the outside of the south wall of the museum.